At carinsuranceforoneday.co.uk we respect your privacy and are totally committed to protecting it. All our dealings with you will be in compliance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. We strive to match the very best industry standards in our handling of personal and sensitive information.
How we use the information you provide us
• We will use the procedures and security features we have in place to keep any data you send us securely.
• We will take all reasonable measures to prevent any unauthorised person from accessing your personal data.
Consent by you and others
• By submitting information to this website, you explicitly consent to our holding and processing of this data, and to our sharing it with product providers for the purpose of offering you products and services.
• If you provide us with any information about other people, for example in order to include them in an insurance policy, you must first get their permission.
Exceptions to consent
We will not disclose any of your information to other third parties without your express permission except:
• when we have strong reasons for believing that there is a risk of harm, or
• when we are legally required to do so by order of the court, or by law enforcement agencies for the purposes of prevention of fraud.
Disclosure of information to third parties
• As part of our service to you we need to collect and process personal information about you which will then be disclosed to third party service providers.
• All personal information will be held by them in strictest confidence and used only for the purposes of providing you with the service you have requested.
• Third party service providers, such as insurers, may compare your information against data they already hold, for example when you have approached them directly.
• Insurers compare and exchange information through an not-for-profit company, Insurance Database Services Limited (IDSL), to detect dishonest applications and prevent fraudulent claims. To find out how this may affect you, visit http://www.insurancedatabases.co.uk.
• We do not sell or hire out any of your personal information to third parties without your express permission.
Third party data processing
• We may use third party organisations for the purpose of processing data, which could include personal information.
• We will only do this when the third parties involved are bound by the same high standards of security which we set for ourselves.
• We may use the information you have given us to contact you, for example by sending you emails about insurance renewal, or about other products and services which may be of interest to you.
• You can choose not to be contacted in this way using your personal settings or the ‘unsubscribe’ option in our emails.
Subject access requests
• Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to see the personal data we hold about you on payment of an administration fee.
• To obtain a copy of the information we hold on record about you, please contact us by post, enclosing a cheque for £10 made payable to carinsuranceforoneday.co.uk, and photocopies of two forms of identification such as utility bills or a driving licence.
• You can also request that incorrect information be corrected or ask us to remove information from our records. We will make every effort to delete your information from our records if it possible and appropriate to do so.
• You can also request a copy of your personal information, in the same way, from any of the other companies to whom we have supplied it under the terms of this policy.